Diversity, Equity & Inclusion
Inclusion & Anti-Discrimination Committee
The CCBA-AMBC Inclusion & Anti-Discrimination Committee was formed in 2019 to address the areas of Diversity, Equity and Inclusion in the Canadian Craft Beer Industry.
1. Increasing representation of marginalized groups in craft beer
2. Reducing discrimination currently faced in the industry
3. Educating on how to do better and maintain progress
4. Craft beer as a catalyst for community inclusivity
What are we working on right now?
DEI Change Agents Action Learning Community
- Twice monthly 1-hour online gatherings open to anyone who self-identifies as a ‘change agent’ in the industry
- Focus on reflection practice and supporting individuals who are doing the work in their sphere of influence
- A safe space for learning, supporting others and holding each other accountable for moving forward
Educational Opportunities & Discussion Resources
- Third Thursdays – online learning sessions with guest speakers
- Beyond the Beer – Blog posts related to DEI and how to get past performative actions and create impact
Personal Values Workshops
- A 90-minute workshop (currently offered at no charge) designed to help leaders in the industry identify their core personal values and craft a personal value statement
- A valuable first step in undertaking the mindset change required to do DEI work as a leader and also important when trying to define or work with company values as an owner or leader
Jalapeño HR program: pilot project (minimum 4 months)
- Providing small breweries with the fundamental and necessary resources to establish a strong HR structure and foundation that they can grow on
- Includes membership in a community with the other participating breweries to support and learn from one another
- In 2021, the CCBA in partnership with Jalapeno Employee Engagement conducted an industry-wide benchmarking survey to assess the state of diversity, equity and inclusion in the Canadian Craft Beer Industry.
- The key takeaways from this benchmarking survey serve as a guide for the committee’s priorities. The association intends to survey its members regularly in future years.
- 2021 Survey Results Debrief with Jalapeno Employee Engagement: watch the video
- Key Takeaways Summary Document – DEI Survey (EN)
Take Your Next Step
Jalapeno HR Group Pilot Program
The CCBA Jalapeno Group HR Pilot Program is a way for breweries to access the benefits of HR services at an accessible rate. Benefits include:
- Community Resources
- Spicy Hotline Services (Two-Way)
- Mission, Vision, Value Generation
- 30 Min Bi-Weekly Spicy Champion Consultation
- Employment Lifecycle Check-Up along with report generation & recommendation
Change Agents Community
A safe space for learning, supporting others and holding each other accountable for moving forward
To help consumers identify authentic, independent craft beer, we’ve developed the Independent Craft Seal of Authenticity™. Learn more about this exciting new program.
Get the latest updates in your inbox.
Sign up for our newsletter.